Friday, September 10, 2010

A sad moment...

Sarah: Well, we leave in a little over a week to return to the States. Every day brings both sad moments and excited moments, both of which I think are healthy, and more of which I'll share in the week to come. However, I just experienced a sad moment and thought I'd post.

We have just been in San Jose for two very long days, training Michael (the new Field Station Manager) on more business-related items in the city. We are all very exhausted and couldn't wait to come home and crawl into bed after so much activity for 2 full days. Except Adele. Adele has been a great traveler, sleeping well in her car seat, smiling and talking to people we interact with, and not much fussing.

BUT...nothing compares to when we come home.

It's 10:00 at night and we've been home for an 45 minutes, and Adele can't be any happier. As I was checking my email I heard lots of laughter from the bedroom and went in to see the commotion. Adele was in her crib, finding all her toys and throwing them off the side, waving to Daddy, and talking non-stop. David said before that she crawled all over the apartment, pulling things off the tables, finding all her favorite things to get into, and still talking non-stop.

I love moments like these, but I also realize that this IS Adele's home. She knows it, and loves to return home. It's a sad moment for me to accept the fact that in a little over a week, we will be taking Adele away from the only home she's ever known. *sniff.*

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That is sad! What a sweetie and such a good experience you guys have had! Can't wait to see you... T minus 4 days!!!!